Monday, April 18, 2011

Amish Prayers



Amish Prayers by Beverly Lewis

Beverly Lewis simply amazes me. Her books are always a blessing. Even though she didn't "write" this book, the love she has for the Plain People shines through the pages. This is going to be a great bedtime read with my husband and children. The compliation of prayers are great for times when prayer is hard and our Lord seems so far away, a beginning point in our personal devotions. I am not Amish, but the simple life intrigues me. Just reading the prayers, I can picture the family in various parts to their day thinking on these things. This is possible because Beverly Lewis does such an amazing job with her fiction books at telling a detailed story about their day to day routines of the simple life. I hope you will pick this book up and open your heart to it.

This book is supplied to me free by Bethany House Publishers. There is no obligation on my part to give a positive review. All opinions expressed are freely mine.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

i love bethany house publishers! i currently review books for multnomah. but how did you get signed up with bethany house? is there a specific link? :)
ozarkrose84 at yahoo dot com

thanks for following my blog-Sarah's Hearts Home! :)

Angela said...

I have quite a few of her books. I just ADORE her writings...