Monday, September 14, 2009

Being his helper....

* My husband and I are reviewing all of our finances and are going to post our plan later this week! Thanks for being patient!

I have been reading Created To Be His Helpmeet for probably the 3rd or 4th time now. Each time I have read it I have taken something different out of it. The first couple times I read it I thought Debi Pearl was a crazy woman and no WOMAN could ever live up to that and those standards! For those who I have never read it it's about what God created you ro be and what the bible sayd about it!

I do really well during and shortly after I read it. Then satan gets ahold of me and I start nagging at my husband. Then it gets worse and worse until we both blow up! Which obviously was not that long ago since I am reading it again! LOL Anyway I literally just read something in the book that I don't remember ever reading before and I believe this may stick with me forever. Give your husband over to God. YOU WILL NEVER be able to change him! NEVER. Let God handle it and just love him with everything you have because that is pleasing to God. You will be rewarded that way. Sounds easy enough right? Obviously not or the divorce rate wouldn't be so high.

"But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God." 1 Corinthians 11:3

"For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body." Ephesians 5:23

I am making it a goal in my house that I am going to follow this. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is amazing, and I am sad I am only JUST reading it!! I need to be better about my blog! You rock, Lisa, and I promise to live by this standard as well!!! = ) Satan- GO AWAY! ;)